The application submission process for the
2024 – 2025 School Year is currently OPEN
Application Deadline 1159CST June 30, 2025
This year, two (2) $5000 scholarships will be awarded to the education accounts of two (2) candidates that must meet the requirements of the St. John’s Military School Scholarship in Memory of Tom Orton.
- Applicants must be male students from a single-parent household.
- Applicant must be pursuing a private secondary level education (i.e. 6-12 grade), with preference to students desiring to attend a military academy.
- Applicant must meet the requirements of requiring financial aid.
- Applicant must embody the characteristics of Honesty, Loyalty, Dignity & Pride as described below:
- Honesty: moral correctness, integrity, high principles
- Loyalty: faithfulness, adherence, and obedience to established guidelines/rules
- Dignity: self-respect, a composed manner, worthy of respect
- Pride: satisfaction in one’s actions, confidence, self-esteem
- Applicants must either visit the St. John’s Military School Historical Museum or read an abbreviated history of St. John’s Military School (available by clicking here) and attach a 500-1000 word essay on what they learned. The essay must be submitted in a .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or .odf format.
The application process opens Wednesday, April 05, 2024. The deadline to apply is Friday, June 30, 2025.
Additional information needed for your application:
* Name, address, and contact person information for the current and planned school year
* Three personal references of persons not related to you, who can speak about your personal character traits
* A List of your extracurricular activities
* A short statement on why you should be awarded one of these scholarships
* Essay on the history of St. John’s Military School
To complete and submit your application, CLICK HERE
If you have questions regarding the scholarship or your application, please contact us by email at .