Application submission process for the 2023-2024 School Year is currently OPEN – Application Deadline 1159CST 06/30/2023
This year, two (2) $5000 scholarships will be awarded to the education accounts of two (2) candidates that most meet the requirements of the St. John’s Military School Scholarship in Memory of Tom Orton.
- Applicants must be a male student from a single parent household.
- Applicant must be pursuing a private secondary level education (i.e. 6-12 grade), with preference to students desiring to attend a military academy.
- Applicant must meet the requirements of requiring financial aid.
- Applicant must embody the characteristics of: Honesty, Loyalty, Dignity & Pride as outlined below:
- a. Honesty: moral correctness, integrity, high principles
- b. Loyalty: faithfulness, adherence and obedience to established guidelines/rules
- c. Dignity: self-respect, a composed manner, worthy of respect
- d. Pride: satisfaction in one’s actions, confidence, self-esteem
- Applicant must either visit the St. John’s Military School Historical Museum, or read an abbreviated history on St. John’s Military School (available by clicking here) and attach a 500-1000 word essay on what they learned. Document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or .odf format
Application process opens Wednesday, April 05, 2023. Deadline to apply is Friday, June 30, 2023.
Additional information needed for your application:
* Name, Address, and contact person information for current and planned school for next year
* 3 personal references not related to you to speak to your character traits
* A List of your extracurricular activities
* A short statement on why you should be awarded one of these scholarships
* Essay on the history of St. John’s Military School
To complete and submit your application, CLICK HERE If you have Questions regarding the scholarship or your application, please email us at .